Who doesn’t have fond childhood reminiscences of being served a basic Shirley Temple Drink on a enjoyable night time out with the household?
Candy grenadine combined with orange juice & soda is served over ice in a tall, skinny glass, with a maraschino cherry or two bobbing on the highest!
Being a child by no means felt so grown-up!
What’s a Shirley Temple Drink?
Everybody remembers how particular it was to get a Shirley Temple at dinner as a child. Named after the well-known actress and little one star of the Nineteen Thirties, a resort bartender created a mocktail only for her as she dined along with her dad and mom. At this time, it’s nonetheless a well-liked drink served to youngsters on particular events.
- Double or triple the recipe and pour Shirley Temples from a glass pitcher at Christmas events (or fill a punch bowl in the event you’d like).
- Have it your method! Preserve the non-alcoholic drink as is, or add a jigger or two of vodka or rum for grown-up “Soiled Shirley Temple”. Let visitors garnish their very own.
- Versatile mocktail! This Shirley Temple drink recipe could be made right into a ‘Roy Rogers’; swap out the ginger ale for coca-cola (Coke) or grape juice.
Elements & Variations
Grenadine – The candy and colourful star of this mocktail is grenadine, a pomegranate syrup. When you don’t have grenadine, you may substitute a number of the maraschino cherry juice or combine home made grenadine by combining 1/4 cup pomegranate juice with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Mixers – Select any carbonated mixer like ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, 7up, or Sprite, plus a splash of orange or pineapple juice. Strive a splash of recent lime juice or lemon juice.
Garnishes – Fancy drinks want fancy garnishes! Add colourful fruits like thinly sliced orange slices and maraschino cherries (with stems if yow will discover them!). Lime wedges or just a few frozen berries are additionally enjoyable to make use of.
How one can Make a Shirley Temple
This colourful drink is tremendous simple to make:
- Place ice in a small glass and fill it with ginger ale or 7-Up (per recipe under).
- Add grenadine syrup and elective orange juice. Stir and serve.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and an orange slice. Serve with a colourful straw!
Suggestions for the Finest Mocktail (or Cocktail!)
- It’s simple to make home made mocktails! Chill glasses and all elements earlier than making drinks (together with alcohol).
- Use crushed ice as a substitute of bigger ice cubes for a extra festive look.
- Make a DIY Shirley Temple station and let everybody make their very own!
Be the Bartender!
Did you make this Shirley Temple recipe? Be sure you go away a score and a remark under!