Home made Pecan Sandies are as straightforward as they’re scrumptious!
Studded with crunchy pecans, this gentle, and buttery shortbread cookie is the right dessert to make!
Pecan Sandies have a advantageous, crumbly texture that makes them a melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious deal with anytime.
What Are Pecan Sandies?
“Sandies” is a cookie made with fundamental elements, much like a sugar cookie or shortbread cookie.
- Love pecans? Pecan Sandies are a shortbread-style cookie recipe loaded with crushed pecans for a nutty crunch.
- A meals processor shortly mixes and chops all of the elements.
- Should you love snowball cookies, you’ll love the feel of those pecan sandies. And you may form them like snowballs, too!
- Make the dough forward of time, retailer it within the fridge or freezer, and bake if you’re prepared.
- Serve plain or mud with powdered sugar and function a dainty tea occasion dessert.
Elements in Pecan Sandies
Pecan Sandies are produced from a easy butter-based dough very like shortbread.
- Pecans – So as to add an additional layer of taste, be sure that to make use of complete pecans that may be toasted earlier than utilizing them within the recipe.
- Flour – This cookie recipe requires all-purpose flour.
- Butter – To make sure constant outcomes, I like to recommend utilizing unsalted butter and including your individual salt. Totally different manufacturers include totally different quantities of salt.
- Powdered sugar – For a crumbly texture, use powdered sugar which is finer than granulated sugar and blends simply.
- Vanilla extract – Slightly little bit of vanilla extract goes a great distance in including taste to those cookies.
Methods to Make Pecan Sandies
Home made Pecan Sandies are really easy to make!
- Toast pecans, cool, and pulse in a meals processor per the recipe under.
- Cream butter & sugar till easy; add within the pecans and flour.
- Chill for a few hours (or days!).
- Kind into cookies
Professional Suggestions for Pecan Sandies
- For the perfect taste, use unsalted butter and add your individual salt.
- To avoid wasting time on grinding the pecans (or for those who don’t have a meals processor), begin with chopped as an alternative of complete pecans. They will nonetheless be toasted in a small non-stick skillet over medium warmth till aromatic.
Methods to Retailer Sandies
Preserve Pecan Sandies in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 7 days. The dough will be frozen in a zippered bag for as much as 3 months. To bake a couple of cookies at a time, merely freeze unbaked slices after which put them in a zippered bag, then solely bake what you want.
Did your loved ones love these Pecan Sandies? You’ll want to go away a score and a remark under!
Made with easy elements, these buttery shortbread cookies are full of toasted pecan taste!
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place pecans on a pan and cook dinner for 7-8 minutes or till evenly toasted and aromatic. Cool utterly.
Place the cooled pecans in a meals processor and course of till finely chopped. Take away 3 tablespoons of the pecans and put aside.
Add flour and salt to the meals processor and pulse a couple of instances to mix.
In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer till fluffy. Combine in water and vanilla.
Add the flour and pecans a bit at a time till integrated.
Scoop the dough into 1″ balls and evenly flatten. Roll the sides within the reserved pecans.
Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Cool the cookies utterly and mud with powdered sugar if desired.
The feel of those cookies is crumbly, very like a shortbread cookie.
The dough will be chilled and baked from chilled, you will have so as to add about 2 minutes baking time.
As an alternative of forming particular person cookies, the dough will be rolled right into a 2-inch thick log, chilled for 4 hours, and sliced earlier than baking.
No Meals Processor? Begin with chopped as an alternative of complete pecans, and if wanted chop them extra finely earlier than utilizing. To toast chopped pecans, place them in a small skillet over medium warmth and cook dinner whereas stirring till aromatic.
Energy: 152 | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 239IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.