On the lookout for an appetizer that’s each scrumptious and simple to make? Look no additional!
Crispy Coconut Shrimp is a household favourite with jumbo shrimp coated in a candy coconut coating, cooked crispy and golden brown.
They are often ready forward of time, making them good for any gathering or occasion.
Coconut Shrimp are Straightforward to Make
- Crispy, candy, and tender – this Coconut Shrimp recipe is bound to vanish from the snack desk.
- These shrimp are oven-baked (or air fried) for a pleasant crispy coating.
- Make forward and refrigerate or freeze earlier than baking for a fast and simple appetizer.
- Simply dip, coat, and bake – it’s that easy!
- Making your individual coconut shrimp prices much less than pre-packaged, and extra importantly, tastes higher.
Components & Variations
Shrimp – medium or massive, recent or frozen, peeled and deveined. Butterflying the shrimp open can create a extra dramatic presentation, and leaving the tails on could make them straightforward to choose up and dip.
Coating – the important thing to this recipe is the sunshine, crunchy, candy coconut breading. Shredded coconut is pulsed in a meals processor after which added to breadcrumbs for the proper texture and taste. You should use both sweetened or unsweetened coconut, however sweetened is advisable.
Make Coconut Shrimp
- Coat the shrimp: Dredge every shrimp in cornstarch and egg, after which roll in a mix of coconut and panko crumbs.
- Bake: Prepare dinner within the oven, air fryer or deep fryer till golden brown.
- Serve: along with your favourite dipping sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce.
An elective step to forestall curling whereas cooking is to skewer every shrimp lengthwise with a small skewer. You’ll want to take away it earlier than serving!
Ideas for Crunchy Coconut Shrimp
- Shake off any extra cornstarch – you simply desire a mild dusting.
- When you don’t have cornstarch, you should use all-purpose flour as a substitute.
- Use sweetened coconut flakes for one of the best taste though unsweetened coconut flakes can be used.
- Spray the coconut coating with cooking spray earlier than cooking to get a crispy exterior.
- Coconut shrimp prepare dinner shortly and home equipment can range, so be sure you verify them early to make sure they don’t overcook.
Put together Forward of Time
To arrange shrimp forward of time, comply with the recipe under. As soon as breaded with coconut, lay the shrimp out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate as much as 24 hours earlier than baking.
- Freeze on the baking sheet and as soon as frozen, switch to a freezer bag or air-tight container. Retailer as much as 2 months earlier than baking.
- Prepare dinner frozen ready shrimp as directed, including 2 minutes to the cooking time.
Leftover shrimp may be saved within the fridge for 3-4 days in an hermetic container or zippered bag.
Did you make these Coconut Shrimp? You’ll want to depart a ranking and a remark under!
Candy Coconut Shrimp are battered and coated in coconut, then oven-baked till golden brown!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, salt, and cayenne pepper. In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
Place the coconut in a meals processor and pulse to create a barely finer texture (or chop with a knife). You don’t need it too effective, simply damaged up a bit bit. Combine with bread crumbs.
Dredge the shrimp within the cornstarch combination and shake to take away any extra cornstarch. Dip in egg, after which dip into the coconut combination, urgent to stick. Spray with cooking spray.
Place the shrimp on a parchment-lined pan and bake for 8 minutes.
Flip the shrimp and bake for an extra 5-10 minutes or till cooked via. Broil for 1 minute if desired.
Serve heat with candy chili dip (recipe under).
Air Fry: prepare dinner at 400°F for 7-9 minutes, flipping over after 4 minutes.
Deep fry: preheat oil to 375°F. Fry shrimp in small batches for 3-4 minutes or till golden and cooked via. Drain on paper towel and season to style.
- Cooking time is for big shrimp, alter cooking time for different sizes.
- Spray the shrimp very effectively with cooking spray for a crispy exterior.
- You’ll want to shake off any extra cornstarch, you simply desire a mild dusting. Cornstarch may be changed with all objective flour.
- You should use sweetener or unsweetened coconut flakes, we want sweetened.
- Coconut shrimp prepare dinner quick, verify them early to make sure they don’t overcook.
Energy: 329 | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 225mg | Sodium: 1136mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.